The goal of the Subversion project is to build a version controlsystem that is a compelling replacement for CVS in the open sourcecommunity. This system wil\ l have the following features:
- All current CVS features.
- Directories, renames, and file meta-data are versioned.
- Symbolic links, etc, are supported
- Commits are truly atomic.
- Progressive multi-lingual support
- Branching and tagging are cheap (constant time) operations
- Repeated merges are handled gracefully
- Support for plug-in client side diff programs
- Natively client/server
- Client/server protocol sends diffs in both directions
- Costs are proportional to change size, not project size